On the outside, I am calm and cool and collected...but on the inside, I'm freaking out!! We will only be in Salt Lake for 8 more days! (We are spending 3 in Henderson house-hunting) We are moving in 11 days! There is so much we have left to do and not a lot of time to do it. I feel so stressed I'm kind of surprised I haven't popped. I know a lot of you readers would jump in your car and run to help me if I asked, but the thing is...we don't have a plan on when we are doing all these things until we are doing them. The going through things deciding what to throw out, organizing, cleaning, painting, pulling up carpet, packing our 2 month bags (Tarzan's company is putting us up in an extended stay hotel for 2 months while we find a place), etc, etc, etc
So this is a release of my emotions, and frustrations! AGGGHHHH!! Also, Tarzan's last day of school is tomorrow (WOOT!) and he has been at school almost all day every day this week finishing up his massive senior project. By the time he is done tomorrow, we will only have two weekends and two week days to get everything done. Gulp! There is so much going on, so many life changes....yikes
Now let me clarify one thing: I am so GRATEFUL! Heavenly Father has blessed us so much. Good things, no, great things are happening to our family. It's just so much, so fast and it is quite overwhelming. I guess the scripture (and I am very much so paraphrasing) "blessings shall come down so there will not be room enough to receive them" is coming to pass for our family. There are still a lot of Tarzan's schoolmates that don't have any job offers, as well as some of our neighbors who are also graduating that don't have offers, and Tarzan got 3!
So to officially announce it, because I don't think I did, we are moving to Henderson, NV. It seems everyone we talk to already knows where it is, but we didn't. So for those of you who are like us, it is a really nice community just South of Las Vegas. An interesting tidbit - it was settled by the Latter-day Saints before Vegas was Vegas. We have heard from a lot of people that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is very strong there and the members welcoming so we are excited! We have no doubts that Henderson is where our family needs to be.
Thanks for letting me vent! (If you even made it to the end of this long, boring blog post:) )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I know how you feel (almost). We were in a similar boat last year except we didn't have 2 little girls to take care of. Lucky you! ;-) One thing that really helped me was to make a list of everything that needed to be done. You'll make it! I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteIf you can stand the heat, it will be a nice place to live.
ReplyDelete