Monday, June 15, 2009

Forgiveness

In Relief Society yesterday, the teacher told us a really neat story. I will paraphrase:

There was a woman who was very upset because a man was going around
spreading rumors about her. She went to the Prophet Joseph Smith
and told him that the rumors were NOT true and she wanted justice and retribution!
She told him how hurt and offended the lies made her feel and asked for his help.
The Prophet just looked at her and said that every time someone said something false
about him, he would sit and ponder and really think
if there was any possible moment when he might have said or did
something to give that person the wrong impression. Something that could have
been misconstrued. If he found that there was a situation like that,
he promptly forgave the person and went on his way silently
thanking the person for bringing his attention to a possible weakness.

How cool is that! Joseph Smith is so humble!! I really really enjoyed that story and I hope you do, too!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I really needed to read this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome story! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete