Monday, August 17, 2009

Jesus wants us for sunbeams!!

Well, CTR 7 anyway....

Yup! It's true! Tarzan & Jane are now primary teachers. Why you ask? Well I kinda think it's because they couldn't get anyone else to say yes and we were able to substitute for 3 weeks in a row...but Tarzan believes it has divine etymology. *shrug*

We are teaching the 6 year olds that turn 7. I'm a little saddened because I really love Relief Society, but I know that there must be a reason for this and that we will grow from the experience. I think part of that will be better experience in teaching children so we can better help Bug know of her Heavenly Father and Mother.

Okay dad, I know you are laughing at us, and you will probably rub it in when we see you this weekend, but that's okay. :)

We are excited!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha!! Okay, well I will admit that the fact that you were so willing and reliable when it came to subbing for us had something to do with it. But really, I promise we prayer our brains out!! :) You should read my blog back in January or so when I got called as a primary teacher. I was SO not happy about it!! I had only been in the ward a month and in most of our previous wards I'd been a primary teacher. I was ready for something different. Turns out in the six months I taught these kids my testimony was strengthened in ways I could never have imagined. The kids in this ward are AMAZING! I hope you have the same types of experiences that I've had in this primary. It's been incredible! And if somehow you don't, well, just know that you are easing a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE burden from me!! :) Thank you both SO SO SO SO SO SO SO much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught CTR 6 for a while. I can't say that it was my favorite calling-- but I did come to love the kids in my class and I'm glad I got to know them. I'm also glad I haven't been called to Primary in this new ward. Although we don't have callings yet so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct. I will give you the appropriate amount of crap that this calling deserves. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete