Tarzan and I decided we are officially no longer newlyweds. Although there have been many things that may have pushed us over the newlywed threshold, like having a baby, we have decided that we have officially, no matter what, crossed the barrier.
Some people may say that you are newlyweds until your 5th anniversary...but I don't care what they think. :) We are not newlyweds.
Sunday night we came home from a weekend in Utah to have our front door wide open with an inch of snow inside the first 4 feet of our entryway... Luckily nothing was taken, but since it was zero degrees when we pulled in...yes...zero!, it was pretty cold in our house! Even with the heater going full blast, it took hours to get warm. Like...4 hours. Also, because our house was so cold, our pipes froze! Wahoo!
Right before we went to bed, Tarzan decided to go down into the crawl space to check the pipes for leaks or breakages as we still weren't getting any water from our faucets. As he came back up, the main pipe coming from the house broke. Jets of ice cold (literally) water came shooting out everywhere. I was able to toss Tarzan a wrench fast as our tool box was next to me and he got it turned off super fast. The we spent the next 45 minutes or so cleaning up the inch of water that had overtaken our entry way, hall and parts of kitchen and a very small portion of our living room.
We don't think anything was damaged, and we didn't have to pay for any repairs. We are laughing about this. What an initiation. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Wow, sounds like you got the Royal initiation!
ReplyDeleteGlad you survived :)
WOW!! Sounds like an adventure! I should have warned you ages ago about the doors in these places. You have to REALLY shut them. TIGHT! We've come home to ours blown open before too, even though we could have sworn they were shut tight and locked. Yuck. Luckily we never had this particular experience! Although even with the door shut tight and locked the other night I woke up to inches of snow that had blown through the cracks in the door from lack of weather stripping. Ugh. I can't wait to be free of these darn apartments!
ReplyDeleteYikes! Ben and I came home from Utah once (when we lived in Idaho) and found our door open! It was, luckily, warm because it was summer time and nothing was taken either. I am glad it didn't turn out too bad for yall.
ReplyDeleteIts good to see the good sense of humor you have about this incident. It will be a fun story to tell for years.
ReplyDelete