Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Night of the Running Dead

So I am going to start training for my first 5K. I have never been a runner; I've always preferred other forms of athleticism and exercise, but now I am starting to get into it. After being quite out of shape with pregnancy and baby and surgeries and school and bleh, it's taking me a while to find time and energy to train, but I'm going to do it! Some people have goals to run a half marathon or a marathon before they "kick the bucket," but my goal is just to run a 5K competitively. I have chosen for my first race the Night of the Running Dead. It's a 5K here in Salt Lake City, on the U of U campus. It is on October 9.

Here is a link to the page:
http://www.undeadrace.com/home.htm

I have convinced Tarzan to run it with me (although he is the half-marathon / marathon sort. He has run at least 5 half marathons and 1 marathon and he is going to run the St. George marathon later this summer. After school he is hoping to find time to train for an Ultra marathon (I think that's a 50 miler...could be wrong though..) ) and I think it would be lots of fun if anyone else wants to run it with us, too. I think it is only $15 plus tax to register to run and you get a tee-shirt (or $5 extra for a special running shirt) plus a goodie bag.

Even if you guys aren't "runners" you can still train and go for it. Make it your fitness goal for the year. (FYI: it's okay to make new goals when it's not New Years Eve. :D ) Or you could just come cheer us on or babysit our baby, er...toddler!

1 comment: