Thursday, September 24, 2009
Baby not in Bed
Bug isn't in bed. She is currently crawling and playing with toys. I want her to be in bed. Oh yes...yes I do. In some cultures, one country in Europe...can't remember which one...but in other cultures, the kids sleep in the same bed with the mom until they are like 12 or something. In those countries the dad might sleep in the same bed with them or in another room or another house. In those countries, they don't have to use all sorts of methods and techniques and comfort objects like binkies or blankies to get their babies to sleep. It's nights like this where she keeps waking up over and over and then crawling away that I wonder if that is the way it should be done. Ya know? Back to the beginning - au naturale. Thoughts?? Or clever techniques to get baby in bed and have her stay there? We've probably tried your suggestions...we've tried lots of stuff, but share anyhoo! Or just vent about frustrations you have with none sleepy babies at 10:20 at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Every now and then I LOVE snuggling the kiddos in bed with me! Especially when Jason is gone. They're just so sweet and squishy and delicious! I would do it every night if it were not for a few things. 1) Generally, I end up kicked all night long. Which means no one gets a good night of sleep, which means that everyone is cranky the next day. 2) It can interfere with the intimacy issue. Which can lead to marital spats. Which isn't good for anyone in the home. If it weren't for those two things, I'd probably let my kids sleep in bed with me all the time! But I say no most nights because if I do it one night it's even harder to get them into their own beds the next night. Routine seems to keep everyone in our home happy. :) That said, my kids are 2 and 4 1/2. When they were babies, they slept in our bed quite a bit more. They're only little for so long and it's good for both mommy and baby!! So unless you see it creating problems, if it's something you want to do then do it! As for getting babies to sleep in there own beds, I've always let them cry it out. Not screaming-bloody-murder-cry-it-out, but give them 5 or 10 minutes to work it out on there own before going in to help. Usually after about a week or so of that, they learned to self soothe. Some people can't handle listening to baby cry. And some nights I couldn't either. But it was what my mom did and so it's all I know. :) Hopefully you figure out what works best for you!!
ReplyDeleteWow. That was long. :)
ReplyDelete