Friday, August 20, 2010

Breakfast of Champions?

So yesterday morning, Bugs and I got up and wandered into the kitchen to find some breakfast. I asked her what she wanted, cereal, eggs? She said no, walked over to a grocery sack that was on the floor because Tarzan had gone grocery shopping the night before and it didn't end up getting put away - don't worry! no refrigerables there :). Anyway, she walked over and pulled out a can of beans and said "beans!". I asked, you want beans for breakfast? And she said "yea!" and got really excited...

So she had baked beans for breakfast. I guess with younger minds they don't have the social and mental habituation to be particular about "breakfast foods". Let's think beyond the days of omelets, pancakes, and cold cereal - we can have beans!

P.S. The day before she had chicken nuggets for breakfast...hmm... Well this morning we had waffles with orange juice. That's more normal right?

What's your favorite breakfast?

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute! My favorite breakfast is Einstein poppy seed bagel with plain cream cheese. Yummy! Also, I read a book I think you'd like. It's "The 5 People You Meet In Heaven." I don't remember the author's name, but he also wrote Tuesdays With Morrie. It's a pretty quick read. I also recently read "Eat, Pray, Love" and although it was VERY well written, I didn't like the author very much. I learned a lot about Italy, Indonesia and India though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont really have a favorite breakfast, it really depends on the mood I am in at the time, but a trpical fruit breakfast is always high on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carson always wanted chips and a hot dog for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete