I just finished reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. It's a good book.
The beginning I find extremely hilarious! It is written in the older, "traditional"?, language so it takes a bit of concentration until you get into it. It is a hard tale the second half of the book. The back of my copy explains the basic story well: Cruel Love, Cruel Passion, Cruel Obsession.
Cruel Love - These two children love each other deeply but tormented each other
Cruel Passion - Upon growing up, Cathy in spite marries another man and Heathcliff seduces the other man's sister and mistreats her.
Cruel Obsession - Cathy's rage kills her and Heathcliff's obsession turns to mad fury as he seeks revenge on everyone that has wronged him.
I would definitely say it is a good book and that I enjoy it. This is the 2 1/2 time I have read it. The 1/2 time was in Junior High and I got half way through and realized I didn't know what was going on. I guess I was too young for it at the time. :)
What are your thoughts? Have you read this book?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I've never read it but I have heard it's a pretty good one. I think I might give it a try!
ReplyDeleteI have never read the book either, but I have a question for you. Since you have been waiting for the day for a long time, that you would have time to read anything you want, what put this book near the top of your list?
ReplyDelete