Warning, this may contain TMI. Read at your own risk.
Well, it is less than 2 weeks until my "due" date. For those of you who don't already know, I have been in "pre-labor" for about 2 1/2 weeks. From the women I have talked to, most women's pre-labor involves mild to painful BH contractions every now and then until they go into labor. Mine is different. I know it's unusual because my midwife told me so. :) With my first, I couldn't feel any contractions at all until real labor happened. With this one I have felt contractions but they aren't painful at all. My labor annoyance is that I have painful crampies like I am menstruating heavily, yet I'm not. And they aren't stop and go like contractions, they are all day long and I ave had them at least every other day, sometimes more frequently than that. Along with the cramps, the achy / tiredness is exacerbated more so than it would be. It's kind of interesting, because I can tell black vs white which day this started - I was tired and moody and normal pregnant one day and then completely miserable the next.
So I'm really hoping to go into real labor soon. I know there are women out there that have it way worse than me, but it's still no fun. :) With Bugs, I had this fun for 4 weeks before they split my membranes which put me into labor. The whole time I was dilating. I was a 4 before I went into labor. I was curious so had them check at last week's appointment and I was a 2.5 with 80% effacement so it seems this slow labor is my thing. I am slightly nervous that my body will just never go into labor by itself, but my awesome midwife gave me hope. I know this baby girl will come when she is ready, but it's sometimes hard for me to remember that when I feel so miserable. I am going to do a natural birth this time - hypnobirthing as my "crutch" - so I want to make my body go by itself without extra help of splitting membranes or pitocin.
Well, I know this has been long and probably boring for those of you who are still reading, but this is my blog and I wanted to vent out some emotions. :) Plus I'm a faster typist than I am hand-writing in my journal.
Adios!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I hope you go into labor soon too! I am jealous of those who go into labor BEFORE their due date.
ReplyDeleteI made it through 1/3 of it before I said "TMI" I am sure the rest of it was good!! I am just glad you are posting again. You took quite a break.
ReplyDelete