Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Recipe

So this is a first post of this kind on my blog (yes...I now consider this blog "mine"....ug, slacker husband who never posts...grumble grumble :) )

Anyhoo, we were grocery shopping a couple days ago, and our local grocery store has started a new thing where you can buy all the ingredients for a particular meal and get a discount on them. Well one of them they had samples of is Glazed Pork & Rice Skillet. We let Bugs try some and she loved it, so we splurged and bought the stuff. We made the dinner and it was super fast and easy as well as delicious! The only problem...Bugs wouldn't even try it... On a happier note, we had leftovers and she did eat the leftovers. :)

Well I thought I would share this awesome recipe here. It makes 4 servings. If you are just making it planning on leftovers, use the exact amounts of ingredients I list, but if you are making it planning on a one-time meal, you can use less chicken stock, probably only 2 cups or 2 1/2.

Ingredients:
1.5 lbs of Boneless Pork Chops (you could substitute for chicken and I think it would still taste good) (we got a 4 pack)
26 oz container of chicken stock
Apricot-Pineapple Perserves
Dijon Mustard
Minute Rice (you could use regular rice, you would just need to cook it longer before putting pork in)
We had steamed broccoli and rolls on the side

Directions:
1. Cook the pork in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned on both sides.
2. Remove the pork from the skillet.
3. Stir in 3 cups (full 26 oz container) chicken stock, 3/4 cup apricot perserves, and 1 TBL dijon mustard in skillet.
4. Heat to boil and then reduce the heat to low.
5. Stir in 2 cups of rice (we would have liked a little more, so if you like rice, add more) and return the pork to skillet. (At this point, I would recommend poking holes in the pork with a fork to make sure the liquid gets inside so the chops are nice and moist)
6. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the rice is tender.
7. Enjoy!

If any of you try this I would love to hear what you think of it. If you don't like it, I'm sorry! But our family did. :)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really yummy! I will have to try it with some chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had time to cook new things. That sounds really good

    ReplyDelete