Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ode to McKenna

This blog is to mimic my friend and visiting teacher, McKenna. She is awesome! A few weeks ago, she brought everything out in the open, and discussed her weight and plans to lose some pounds on her blog. (And she has done amazing!) Her optimism and openness with her frustrations has helped me to stay motivated in my weight loss journey. THANKS MCKENNA!!!!

I had a pretty good pregnancy until the last month or so. I went into labor a month early but was given a shot to "stop" it. Instead of "stopping" it, it slowed it down. I was miserable. I wasn't able to concentrate on work so I quit my job and pretty much just stayed at home, being grumpy and ate whatever I felt like it while I watched tv and did jigsaw puzzles. After giving birth and waiting for everything to settle down, I weighed 150 pounds. Pre-preg weight? ....120.... In high school, I consistently weighed between 105-110, and I gained a few pounds after being married and in college but I am struggling so much with my weight. I am now currently 137! I started really trying to lose weight in August so I'm not losing a ton super fast but I am losing.

I recently started this program called "Reset". It is a nutrition plan that helps cleanse your body and elminate your carb cravings. I don't know about anyone else, but I had pretty intense carb cravings like 2 or 3 times a day. I am on day 4 or the 5 day program and I don't have a craving for carbs: not even ice cream on a warm brownie (my all time favorite dessert). I decided the program had helped me so much we cheated and went out to eat for dinner tonight. (we had a buy one get one free coupon) What did I order? Water and a salad...For those of you who know me...I don't eat bunny food. But I loved this salad! It was so good! It was the Sticky Finger Salad from Winger's so there chunks of spicy chicken. I even called it "real food" when talking to Tarzan - he was confused :D. Anyhoo, I am feeling great! I have also been taking vitamins and the combination of the health drinks and the vitamins and losing weight and working out....I feel incredibly healthy! My BMI is now in the "Normal" range which is so nice! I still want to continue to lose weight and my realistic goal is to get back down to 120, although 115 and 110 would be nice if it is healthy to do so.

(For more information on the Reset kit, you can e-mail me or comment. It is a USANA product which Tarzan and I sell so you can buy it from us, or we can help you set up your own USANA business and let other people buy it for you. :) Kinda... http://www.naylor.usana.com)

2 comments:

  1. How sweet are you?! By the way, when we came over Monday, not sure why I didn't, but I SHOULD have mentioned that I noticed how thin you were looking! Yay for you!! It so HARD!! But hey, you're doing awesome! And you don't have too far to go! Me on the other hand...bleh. It's going to be a while still, but you know, that's okay because by the time I get to my goals maybe the habits will be so ingrained that I'll never have to worry about it again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great and I am so happy that you are feeling great too! It's always nice to talk about your goals and what works for you. It helps you and others :D

    ReplyDelete