Monday, October 19, 2009

Really Cool DVD

So, a long time ago (I mean...pre-Alena, long time ago) Matt & I watched part of a show on the history channel. It's called Exodus Decoded. I wanted to watch it again so we ordered on our NetFlix.

It's cool.

Super cheesy at parts, but cool.

It essentially proves the Exodus happened from beginning to end. They do a ton of research and actually find Mount Sinai and other proof. If any of you have NetFlix, you should order it! If you don't, then maybe check your local library? Anyhoo, it's really neat.

There are also some Book of Mormon documentaries that are similar called Journey of Faith and Journey of Faith: New World that discuss evidences for Lehi and his family's journey from Jerusalem to right before they build the boat, and then while they are on the American continent. I haven't seen these all the way through but I have seen snippets and read synopses and they sound awesome!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome! I bet Ben would love to watch those. Oh wait, I guess we have them. I should watch them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stuff like that! I'm ordering it on netflix. When I was in Mexico (a loooooong time ago) my favorite part was when we went to these ruins in Tulum and our tourguide was one of 7 lds brothers who were all named from the BOM. His dad had an english copy but couldn't read it (he spoke spanish) but he knew it was true and named each of his seven sons names from the BOM. There was Heleman, Nephi, Moroni, and a few others and then two were Laman and Lemuel. :) The dad didn't realize they were wicked. It was cute. Anyway, Lemuel was our tourguide and showed us all of these neat BOM references and things in the ruins and photos of the rock where Lehi chiseled the picture of his tree of life dream. SO fascinating! I loved it! Anyway, that was a novel and poorly written because my hands are freezing right now so I'm going to stop typing and go turn on the heat!! :) Glad you came today. Hope you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete